What are we talking about?
What are cookies?
Cookies are little text files, which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible and they remember your actions and preferences (such as language and display preferences) over a certain period of time. It can also be used for tracking purposes, using Google Analytics, thus allowing Ingenio Solutions to analyse and understand how people use the SilverPro website. This helps improve the website’s usage and effectiveness.
We also use third-party cookies, beacons and pixels, including Facebook pixels, for advertisement purposes. The third-party cookies allow such third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our website. These companies may use this information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These third-party companies are responsible for the cookies they set on our site and we do not control the further use of these cookies. You provide your consent when you are prompted by the cookies banner and then continue browsing the website.
Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
What type of cookies do we use and how?
1. Strictly necessary cookies
Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. These cookies perform a variety of activities that are necessary for you to navigate the website and use its functionalities optimally.
Strictly necessary cookies allow:
– you to fill forms
– you to add products to your basket and checkout securely
– us to process your payment and order
– us to store your privacy preferences
– us to display the correct page for the device you are using
Without these cookies, some parts of our site just won’t work as they should. Strictly necessary cookies cannot be turned off from the Cookie settings.
2. Performance cookies
These cookies tell us about how you use the site and they help us to make it better. For example, these cookies count the number of visitors to our website and allows us to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily and that the loading time of the page is not too long. Analysing how you use our site also helps us to troubleshoot any problems and to monitor our own performance.
Performance and analytics cookies can be turned off from the Cookie settings.
3. Functional cookies
These cookies allow our site to remember your preferences, helping you to customise your experience on our site. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
Functional cookies can be turned off from the Cookie settings. If you choose to turn off these cookies, some of the functionalities might either look a bit odd or not work at all.
4. Targeting cookies
These cookies are used to deliver advertised content, which is relevant to you, and they can be used to track the effectiveness of our ad campaigns on third party websites. These cookies are placed on our site by our third-party service providers and they may remember your web browsing activity and may be used to understand about your demographics, such as age and gender. The information these cookies process is about your actions and your interests so that adverts on other sites are more relevant to you.
If you prefer not to receive targeted advertising, you can deny the use of advertising cookies from our Cookie settings.
Should you choose to turn these cookies off, you will still see ads, but they will be more generic.
5. Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Are third parties placing cookies on silverpro.ch?
Third parties may place cookies on silverpro.ch. Below we list the most important third-party cookies that we use. Please note that the list is not exhaustive.
- Google Analytics: This is a performance cookie that is used to collect data about how our website is used (how long people spend time on the site, where do they click, which sections are the most visited ones, how good is our shopping experience etc.). If you open an email in your browser, we can also connect data collected about your visits to you and use this data to marketing and personalization purposes. If you turn off targeting cookies this will no longer be done regardless of the fact that the Google Analytics cookie as a performance cookie is still enabled.
- Google AdWords: This is a targeting cookie, which helps us to track how well the search engine advertising SilverPro is performing on Google search.
- Google DoubleClick: This is a targeting cookie, which we use to help us to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. It enables Google to serve our adverts on other sites based on your browsing history on our page and engagement with our adverts. You can change your preferences about the adverts you see on Google by clicking here: www.google.com/settings/ads
- Google Dynamic Remarketing: This is a targeting cookie and a performance improver cookie. It allows us to serve relevant advertising content to users that have previously visited our website. You can read more and change your preferences here: www.google.com/ads/preferences/html/opt-out.html
- Google tag manager: This is a performance cookie, which helps us to manage the technology and cookies, which are used across our site.
- These cookies are targeting (advertising and social media) cookies that are used to provide functionalities and do advertising.
- You can read more and change your preferences on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Other social cookies (like Facebook and Instagram)
- We use social media buttons on our site, which allow you to share content and interact with your social network on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. These social media platforms may set their own cookies on your device. We do not control the settings of these cookies, so we suggest you check the social media website for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy from time to time. We recommend that you regularly check this policy to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.